Sunday, January 20, 2013

Wishful Thinking

Surprise, surprise….I am sick again! The kiddos at my school are officially germ monsters who are covering me with diseases at every turn (ok, that may be a wee bit dramatic).  But, I am sick and tired of being sick and tired.  I am pumping myself with good foods and beverages at every turn in hopes of getting my health back. However, I am beginning to think that being healthy is just wishful thinking.

In the throws of illness.  Tucked in my house with a warm cup of tea. 

This weekends meals were BORING.  I was pretty much on a soup/soft food diet because my throat was lined with razor blades (at least it felt like it). So, here are my food choices this weekend.  Soup, soup, tea, soup, and soup (check out Pacific Organic Soup here)  Oh, and I had some oatmeal…thrilling.

Pacific & Imagine brand soups = perfection.
Celestial Teas are my lifesaver. 

I decided to be nice and cook Cody some meat dishes this weekend since I so rarely cook us anything non-vegetarian.  I will occasionally cook him some fish or chicken to be nice.  This obviously is against my veg-belifs, but Cody makes sacrifices for me so I do the same for him occasionally.  I make sure he only buys organic and nicely treated animals (i.e. local).  So, here is one of the dishes I made him this weekend.
Fresh Tilapia, seasoned with cilantro, salt, pepper, and lemon. Side of rice & organic Soy Sauce. 

On Sunday I was finally feeling a little bit more energetic so Specks and I took a stroll.  Normally, we take one long (60+ minute) stroll/hike a day when I am off work.  Poor puppy has been mostly confined to the house with me while I have been sick though.  I couldn't manage much more than a thirty minute walk today.  Especially with the chilly weather and hilly terrain.  But, I managed to snap a few cute pictures a long the way and get the puppy some exercise.

Treacherous waters that Specks and I waded through.  

Beautiful heart-shaped bird seed.  These were hanging all along the trail. 

In other random news, I finally got my new bedspread in!!  I have been dying to get a new bedspread.  Our old one was dark, which made Specks's hair show all the time.  Literally, five minutes after washing it, it became covered in dog hair.  I also wanted to invest in a warmer bedspread.  So, I got a flannel duvet cover and a down alternative comforter to go inside.  Now, all we have left to do is find a cute headboard to match the bedroom furniture.  Check out the bedspread, I am in love with it!

If you look closely you can see that the stripes form Birch Trees. 
Specks- banished to the floor so he doesn't ruin the new bedspread. 

Last, but certainly not least, Cody has a ride-along with Juneau PD this week to determine if he gets the job.  I am soooo excited and proud of him for pursuing this career.  It will be a big change for us and will definitely give us the bank account boost to let him start taking some college classes.  Fingers crossed that it all works out!

I leave you with this funny picture I happened upon.  Cody and I took a PhotoBooth photo shoot on Christmas and this was one of the bloopers.

Outtake 1 of 50! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)