Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sick Days

***This post is from last week.  I attempted to post it but my computer has suddenly decided not to upload pictures.  Ugh.  I apologize for the lack of photographic evidence.

Ok, so I didn't actually take any sick time from work.  But, I did leave an hour early on Friday because I was running a toasty 101F.  Ugh.  I despise being sick and I so rarely have to deal with colds, flu's, etc. because my immune system tends to rule.  This time I did not get so lucky.  Thursday-Saturday were pretty much spent feeling like an achy mess.  Thank goodness for Celestial Seasonings Tea (check out their wellness teas here.)

Thankfully, this afternoon I started to get my stride back (I traded the aches and temperature for a sore throat).  I took Specks out for a walk to the beach just before dark to get some fresh air.  He loved it and I managed to only fall in a few snowdrifts (typical).  It was beautiful out today though.  Warm temperatures and a beautiful amount of snow.

In the evening, Cody made it home just in time for supper.  We enjoyed some wonderful dinner treats.  We made pasta with mushroom sauce, steamed green beans (just a hint of salt and pepper to keep it healthy), and some cheesy rolls.  It was heavenly.  Check out my recipe for mushroom sauce :)

Mushroom Sauce
2 cups of No-Chicken Broth (I prefer the low-sodium choice)
1/4 cup of flour (I used whole wheat but any kind works)
3 large mushrooms (chopped)
1 tbs of minced garlic
Onions, cilantro, green peppers, and any other veggies can be added to spice it up
Dash of salt & pepper
Dash of onion powder

Directions: Heat broth and flour in a large pan on medium heat.  Whisk while heating.  When sauce begins to form a smooth consistency add additional ingredients.  Reduce heat to low and stir frequently.  When sauce thickens, remove from heat.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)