Friday, January 25, 2013

Weekday Hiking

One way to stay in shape during the chilly winter months: HIKING!

Yes, it is cold.  Yes, it is wet.  But, bundle up and get yourself some durable gear.  There is nothing better than hiking to get a little exercise.  It burns calories, builds muscle, develops stamina, and you are doing some serious sight seeing.

I decided to do a little weekday hiking this week.  I don't get to do this very often because I am a slave to the man M-F from 9am to 5pm.  Usually, I save the hiking for the weekends, I like to think of myself as a Weekend Warrior.  Monday was MLK's Birthday though so I enjoyed a weekday out and about in the wilderness.

Lemon Creek Trail starts right behind Cody's work so I took him some lunch and the hiked on up.  I didn't hike very far (approx. 30 minutes one way) because I am still recovering from an illness.  It was also a difficult day to hike alone because the fog in Juneau was so heavy and the ice was so thick on the trail.  I did manage to slip and slide around for awhile though. Specks had a particularly wonderful time pulling me along on the ice.  Enjoy some pictures from our trek!

Entering Lemon Creek Trail. 

Fallen trees in the icy woods. 

Icy pathways. 

Waterfalls and dangerous crossings. 

View exiting the trail. 


What are your favorite winter activities??

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)