Saturday, January 5, 2013

2013 Resolutions

In 2013 my goals are…

1.) Re-start the Couch to 5k running program and complete my first 5k!
  • Back in Illinois I had started the Couch to 5K program (follow the link to check it out).  Then, we moved to Alaska and I totally ignored the progress I had made.  This year my goal is to start running again and hopefully make it to a 5k.  
2.) Recycle! 
  • Again, in Illinois we had a beautiful drive-in recycling center.  Here, the recycling place is open at odd days and at odd hours.  I have been VERY lazy about recycling so I need to regain my love of giving back to the planet. 
3.) Plant a garden! 
  • When spring rolls around you will find me planting veggies, herbs, etc.  So happy to finally have an apartment where we can garden :) 
4.)  Give back to the community! 
  • Find a local volunteer program and volunteer at least once per month.  Currently, I am looking into Big Brothers Big Sisters. 
5.) Plan my wedding! 
  • Date is tentatively set for June 2014.  We haven't gotten much farther than that yet but we are trying (kind of, ha ha.) 
6.)  Spend more quality time with Cody! 
  • Coordinating time together with our crazy work schedules is tough.  Heres to hoping we can find more time for one another this year. 
7.) Write letters to my family! 
  • Calls are great, but who doesn't love getting awesome mail?? Plus, I miss all of my wonderful family back home. 
There you have it folks! These are my plans for 2013.  In 2012, I graduated college, got engaged, adopted a puppy, and moved to Alaska. Let's face it, I was SPOILED in 2012.  I hope I can keep the wonderful-ness going in the upcoming year.  What are your resolutions for 2013??

As a parting gift for reading my blog today, here are some lovely pictures.  Last weekend Cody, myself, and our neighbors hiked out to the beach in North Douglas.  There was fantastic sea lion and whale watching as well as fantastic scenery.  Enjoy the pictures! 

Cody at the beach in North Douglas. 

Winter waves. 

Views on the beach. 

Me & Specks, posing before trekking over the rocks. 

Beautiful rock formation. 

Spending the day chasing birds and running in the ocean. 

Driving back home. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)