Midwestern Winter

I'm not going to lie.  This winter has been tough on me.  Getting used to the harshness of Midwestern winters has been an adjustment. Juneau boasts a beautiful temperate climate.  It stays between 30-60 year-round. It's just a nice, predictable climate. I was completely used to it.


Before living in Juneau I had spent four years living in/going to school in Southern Illinois.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with Southern Illinois, just know the climate is NOTHING like typical Illinois.  Snow is a rarity.  The first year I lived down there I never wore anything heavier than a hooded sweatshirt in the winter. It's dominated by warm weather.


Moving back to my roots has been rough on me because of the climate.  It's been 6+ years since I lived somewhere with harsh winters.  Believe me, this one has been one for the record books.


Long strings of cold.  No sign of the grass since early December.  I am ready for the thaw.  Ready for spring.  I don't know about you guys, but this winter stuff has got my praying for the warmth.

Your turn...What has your weather been like?

Currently listening to...Heaven- Brett Dennen

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pilot Point Needs a Teacher!

Pros & Cons Of Living In Alaska

Winter is Here