Spring has Sprung

Spring has Sprung here in Juneau!! At least it has for a day or two.

Cody, Specks, and I spent our amazingly spring-ish Sunday hiking with friends out on both Bluff Trail and Rainforest Trail on Douglas Island (the island that we live on-connected to Juneau by bridge).  The weather was very warm, almost 50F!  The views were some of the best that I have seen since arriving in Juneau thanks to the abundance of sun.

Rainforest Trail. 

Beach-y views with my favorite boy. 

After hiking we tucked into this delicious meal of Vegan Fettucini Alfredo with Roasted Brussels Sprouts.  Cody had his with some freshly caught halibut but I enjoyed mine the veggie way (salad not pictured).  Perfect end to the weekend!

Yummmm…..brussels sprouts. 

I promise to post the recipe to this and some of my other recent dishes this week.  I know I have been slacking!  But, with it being Spring and all I need to step up my game.  Recipes to come, scouts honor.

Do you hike for exercise? 
What is your favorite veggie dish?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pilot Point Needs a Teacher!

Pros & Cons Of Living In Alaska

Winter is Here