Friday, February 15, 2013

A Belated Valentines Day

Valentines Day is always a low-key affair in the Thompson-Middleton household.  Yes,  I love romance, being pampered, and all such goodies.  The truth is, Cody and I both work and every year we have been together the holiday has fallen during the workweek.  We just stick to a homemade supper, some little gifts, and spending quality time together.  This years holiday went a little something like this…..

Waking up and enjoying a little coffee with my love.  Digging some Heritage Coffee (Juneau local.)

Heading off to work on a dreary and rainy day.  Celebrating the holiday with forty kiddos all hopped up on sugar.  They made these cute-sy Valentine Monsters to collect their cards :)

Love Monsters 

Coming home to a deliciously cooked meal.  Bleu Cheese Fettucini Alfredo and some Buttermilk Biscuits (no healthy eating for this holiday!)  Cody made it so I don't know the exact recipe he used, it was UH-mazing though.

Perfect V-day meal! 

Flowers, a new cd, an incredibly romantic letter, and the promise that Game of Thrones Season Two will be safely in my hands in a few days time (when it comes out next week).

Loved this flower arrangement. 

The day ended with reading in bed with Cody and Specks, I am reading Game of Thrones again and Cody is reading one of the Batman Comics that I got him for Valentines Day (he got a couple of Batman graphic novels, The Dark Knight movies, and an origami rose from me!)   We finally called it a night around 10pm.

Pretty exciting, eh??

1 comment:

  1. How sweet! That dinner looks delicious. Sounds like Cody is a great guy. Have you progressed on your wedding plans? Will you be married back home in Illinois? Your writing is so enveloping. The more I read the more I want to know. Lol sorry so many questions.

    ReplyDelete

Leave me a comment :)