Friday, August 2, 2013

Family Adventures: Part One

This week was absolutely amazing.  My dad and my stepmom flew in from Michigan to spend the week in Juneau. I hadn't seen them in almost a year so it was quite the reunion! Looking back, I can't believe how fast the week with my family flew by.  It couldn't have been more amazing and beautiful, we were very lucky :)



I have (probably) hundreds of pictures from the last week so I have decided to scale them down a bit and break it up into two different posts.  One post will focus on beach-y adventures and the other on hiking adventures.  Then, I plan to somehow sprinkle in some pictures from our times relaxing at home….like this one!



The weather this week was completely out of this world.  It was in the upper 70's and lower 80's almost all week (one day of cloudy and 60's) and we didn't see rain once! My dad and stepmom packed mostly jeans and sweaters because I had forewarned them about the rainy and cool weather we had been having.  Boy was I wrong!



We visited a few different beaches over the course of the week, each more incredible than the last.  We saw wildlife at every turn! Whales swam by us while we sat on the rocks, sea otters played around, and we even caught a few starfish! It was so amazing to spend the week in/on the water.  It is very unusual to have that much sun in SE Alaska so we reveled in every moment of it!









After our days at the beach we cooked out and sat outside until the sun decided to set, which in Alaska at this time of the year basically means it hides behind the mountains but it stays light outside.  It was a truly beautiful vacation.  I enjoyed the week of fun and adventure with my family so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)