Saturday, August 31, 2013

Summer in Southeast Alaska

My camera is once again overflowing with pictures that I haven't shared with anyone (other than Specks-haha).  A few months ago I posted this, which detailed some of the photographs that hadn't made the cut in my blog's regular posts but were still beautiful and depicted our lives in Alaska.  I wanted to make a habit of occasionally dumping some of my favorite (and previously unseen) pictures.  The pictures below were all taken this summer during some truly amazing adventures.  The weather was perfect, the adventures were perfect, and it was an amazing season.  Some of the adventures we had included…

Whale-watching on the beach…



Strolling through the local parks…



Exploring the ruins of the local mining communities…


Climbing a few mountains...


Enjoying the views from the top…


And, setting out on the hunt for blueberries :)



We love having adventures and try to fill our free time with lots of exploration.  Here's to hoping that all of you are doing the same!

Questions:
What was your favorite summer adventure?
If you could go anywhere on vacation where would it be? Why? 


**Note- Sorry for the lack of posting lately! School is back in session and I am one busy teacher.  Hopefully I can get back in the groove once school settles down a bit :)




2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos. We hope to drive up to Alaska in the RV one of these summers...too pretty not to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think Alaska is one of the most beautiful places on Earth…I may be a bit biased though. haha.

      Delete

Leave me a comment :)