Monday, June 10, 2013

Meatless Monday #2: Weekly Eats

This week I decided that I was going to do a collection of meatless eats to celebrate this wondrous weekly holiday.  Since I always eat vegetarian, I figured there was no better way to honor the meatless holiday than a collection of super simple veggie eats.  Enjoy :)

Three Cheese & Tomato Tarts: Basically pizza but cooked to be much crispier (thinner crust) and made without tomato sauce (substitute ricotta or greek yogurt for the sauce).



Stir-Fry Noodles: It's all in the name.  Use some noodles, crisp them up with some tasty veggies and some Bragg's or soy/stir-fry sauce of your choice.




Crock-Pot Roasted Veggies: Vegetables chopped and cooked for 5-7 hours on low.  Just add 1/4cup of water and season.



Breaded & Baked Tofu: Bread some tofu with nutritional yeast and seasonings of your choice.  Preheat oven to 400 and bake for 30 minutes (or until crispy).


Hope you all will help my out and celebrate this weekly tradition.  If you haven't before, try out one of these easy treats that I posted today.  All of these recipes take under and hour and require minimal prep work.  Happy eating!

Questions: 
What is your favorite way to prepare tofu? 
How often do you go meatless? 

2 comments:

  1. I will definitely be trying the tarts. They look amazing! Are there any Native dishes that you love or even dislikes? What are common dishes prepared by Natives?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried a TON of native dishes. However, I have tried fry bread (basically deep-fried bread), Alaskan sourdough, various berries, and a few different salmon dishes. When I was living in the Bush there wasn't a ton of vegetarian/vegan options so I ate a bit of fresh seafood that my bosses caught. I really have enjoyed everything I have tried! Not sure I would be adventurous enough to try things like whale or seal though (eek!).

      Delete

Leave me a comment :)