Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Spring has Sprung

Spring has Sprung here in Juneau!! At least it has for a day or two.

Cody, Specks, and I spent our amazingly spring-ish Sunday hiking with friends out on both Bluff Trail and Rainforest Trail on Douglas Island (the island that we live on-connected to Juneau by bridge).  The weather was very warm, almost 50F!  The views were some of the best that I have seen since arriving in Juneau thanks to the abundance of sun.

Rainforest Trail. 

Beach-y views with my favorite boy. 

After hiking we tucked into this delicious meal of Vegan Fettucini Alfredo with Roasted Brussels Sprouts.  Cody had his with some freshly caught halibut but I enjoyed mine the veggie way (salad not pictured).  Perfect end to the weekend!

Yummmm…..brussels sprouts. 

I promise to post the recipe to this and some of my other recent dishes this week.  I know I have been slacking!  But, with it being Spring and all I need to step up my game.  Recipes to come, scouts honor.

Do you hike for exercise? 
What is your favorite veggie dish?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)