Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Reunited With Teaching

This week I started my new job and finally got to start teaching again!!

Heading to the classroom!! 
I am teaching Pre-K for a local elementary school, basically my dream job (although I do miss my kinders).  Here is how my basic day looks.

7:30am: Arrive at GV(Glacier Valley) and set up classroom for the day
8:00am: Get students off of the bus
8:10am: Student sign in, attendance, etc.
8:15am-8:30am: Morning Meeting
8:30am-9:00am: Breakfast
9:00am-10:30am: Curriculum & Centers
10:30am-11am: Snack
11am-11:30am: Recess & Bus

Then, a new group of kiddos comes at 11:30am and we repeat the process in the afternoon.  I have a great co-teacher and a great classroom aide.  We have a VERY staffed classroom, which makes life super easy.  I get to have so much one-on-one time with kids. The kiddos finally leave between 2:50pm-3:00pm.  We also only have students in attendance Tuesday-Friday and I get ALL DAY on Monday to prep and make my classroom pretty.  Ideal?  I thinks so.  Here are a few cool Pinterest ideas that I can't wait to incorporate in my new classroom!

Sub Tub: making it easy for days when I am gone. 

I really want to make this for those freezing cold/rainy days. 

Make these for their names, great way to teach letter recognition! 

Have you ever made a big job switch? 
Teachers: Do you ever use Pinterest ideas? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)