Thursday, April 4, 2013

Splurges

Sometimes you just have to splurge…

Cody came home with this tasty treat for me today.

SPLURGE ALERT!! 

I am a firm believer in healthy eating. But, I am also a firm believer in eating what your body craves and allowing a splurge now and again.  Usually my splurges are healthier than this one.  I am honest though, and I will never pretend that I eat healthy, 100% organic, all the time (at least not at this point in my life).  Here are some of my other, slightly more healthy splurges.

Newman's Organic Cookies
Stonyfield Organic Froyo
Nut Butters (all kinds welcome!)

I just can't get enough of the sweets lately so I definitely have to monitor my intake of sugar.  However, I also know that a little splurging makes me a more successful eater overall.  I figure a couple sweet treats a week more than balance out eating healthy, organic, veggie meals all the time.  Just my personal thoughts on the issue :)

What are your opinions about splurging? 
What are your favorite foods to splurge on?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)