Saturday, March 9, 2013

Weekly Meal Plan

In an effort to really plan my cooking out better and grocery shop more efficiently I have been attempting to make weekly meal plans.  Last week I epically failed at following my meal plan but in general I have been able to follow my plans somewhat closely.  This week will hopefully be successful.

 

Saturday: Polenta & Mushroom Potpie with Asparagus
Sunday: Vegetable & Rice Crock Pot Soup (perfect for a long hiking day!)
Monday: Grilled Tomato, Cheese, & Basil Sandwiches with leftover Veggie Soup
Tuesday:  Teriyaki Tofu with Quinoa and Oven Roasted Veggies
Wednesday:  Fend for yourself day!  (aka-leftovers and such)
Thursday: Homemade Veggie Pizza
Friday: Vegan Baked Macaroni or Cheesy Rice Bake with Steamed Veggies
Saturday: Date Night!



Cross your fingers that I can actually make this happen!  In the meantime, check out the website for our local grocery store, Rainbow Foods.  Cody and I don't go there often because it is VERY pricey (makes your local coop look like Wally World).  In comparing prices (which we did this weekend)  our typical items were $2-$4 (sometimes up to $8) cheaper in the health food section of Fred Meyer.  EEK! They did have some great sales this week though.  And, I love to pump money back into the community when I can.

Enjoy your Saturday, I know we will :)

High tide on a sunny morning. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)