Thursday, March 7, 2013

Deliciously Bad Treats

Ok, I am going to be upfront about something….I like to splurge and eat crappy food from time to time.  Yes, I generally cook healthy for Cody and I.  Yes, we avoid keeping sweets in our home.  Sometimes a girl just has to splurge though.

Here are a few of my favorite (and very easy) unhealthy dessert recipes.

Reese's Stuffed Rolls
4 Resse's Peanut Butter Cups
Yummy. 
1 Package of instant crescent rolls (makes 8)
Powdered Sugar (Topping)

Directions:  Preheat oven to whatever the crescent roll packaging says (typically about 350F).  Unroll crescent rolls and lay them out flat.  Cut each peanut butter cup in half.  Place half of the peanut butter cup in the fat end of the crescent roll and roll it up (as you normally would).  Repeat this with all of the rolls.  Place rolls on a baking sheet and pop in the oven.  Bake until golden brown (time depends on the type of crescent rolls).  Sprinkle with powdered sugar about 2-3 minutes after removing from the oven.  Let cool, eat warm, and enjoy :)


Peanut Butter Brownies
1 package of instant brownies
1/4 cup of powdered sugar
Milk (non-dairy or good old fashioned 2%)
Double Yummy. 
Chunky peanut butter ( I used Simple Truth Organic)

Directions:  Cook brownies to package directions.  Remove from oven and let cool.  While brownies are baking, mix powdered sugar and milk together to form a semi-thick mixture (make thinner than if you were making frosting).  Add chunky peanut butter to frosting-type mixture and stir well.  Let the mixture set in the fridge for 30minutes.  Spread mix on cooled brownies.  Indulge!

Obviously, you shouldn't eat stuff like this on a regular basis.  But this girl has a sweet tooth and a bit of a lazy side.  Every so often I need to use the instant mixes and stuff myself on sugary goodness.  Enjoy the oh so good, but oh so unhealthy recipes.  I will be back this weekend with healthy goodies :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)