Sunday, July 19, 2020

It's Been Awhile

It's been awhile! A long while. I'm not sure if there's any readership still on this little corner of the internet where I poured my heart for many years, but I thought I'd give a little update in case there is.

The last two years have been a whirlwind. Having a baby, becoming a mom, moving to a new city, starting a new job...there's been no shortage of changes in the Middleton household. That is likely why this blog fell by the wayside. I also felt like I didn't have much to write about anymore. This blog was sort of fueled by Cody and I's lives in remote corners of the world that were primarily unknown to the general population. However, our lives in the bustling Matsu Valley in Alaska don't seem nearly as exciting. We are still having wonderful adventures, but we no longer rely on 4-wheelers for transportation or await the mail plane for our Amazon boxes that we ordered 6 weeks prior. We go to work, we eat at restaurants, we go on playdates at the library and the park (well, before COVID hit that's what we did), we grocery shop weekly instead of once every six months. It's a much different life.

Annika, 2018
A big part of our new life is our sweet baby, Annika. Her start to life was bit tough, as she was born with some health issues that kept us in the NICU for awhile. Thankfully, between excellent doctors and lots of love from her family, she made a full recovery. Now she is a spunky, opinionated toddler who is happier in the mountains than she is in the house. Cody and I really got lucky with this kid. She is such an adventurer and we can barely keep up with her most days. She is truly our little Alaskan wild child.

Annika, Summer 2020
We've slowly settled into life in the Valley. Although, if it were up to me we'd probably still be living in a village somewhere - growing our own food, set netting for fish off of the beach, hunting caribou out on the tundra, and enjoying a good steam on the cold Alaskan evenings. Ah well, a girl can dream about her husband building her a little cabin and living off the land, right??


I might try to start writing again, regardless of whether or not anyone reads. Writing is such an amazing outlet for me and I've really missed it. Hopefully I can work it into my routine in some form or fashion. Until then - happy adventuring!

Currently listening to...Stay Wild - Shook Twins

4 comments:

  1. It's wonderful to hear how you're all doing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just wanted you to know that people are still reading :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It means a lot knowing that people are still enjoying the blog. :)

      Delete

Leave me a comment :)