Friday, March 6, 2015

Midwestern Winter

I'm not going to lie.  This winter has been tough on me.  Getting used to the harshness of Midwestern winters has been an adjustment. Juneau boasts a beautiful temperate climate.  It stays between 30-60 year-round. It's just a nice, predictable climate. I was completely used to it.


Before living in Juneau I had spent four years living in/going to school in Southern Illinois.  For those of you who are unfamiliar with Southern Illinois, just know the climate is NOTHING like typical Illinois.  Snow is a rarity.  The first year I lived down there I never wore anything heavier than a hooded sweatshirt in the winter. It's dominated by warm weather.


Moving back to my roots has been rough on me because of the climate.  It's been 6+ years since I lived somewhere with harsh winters.  Believe me, this one has been one for the record books.


Long strings of cold.  No sign of the grass since early December.  I am ready for the thaw.  Ready for spring.  I don't know about you guys, but this winter stuff has got my praying for the warmth.

Your turn...What has your weather been like?

Currently listening to...Heaven- Brett Dennen

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)