Wednesday, July 3, 2013

Rainy Day Yoga

We are finally getting back our "typical" SE Alaskan weather….




In other words,  it is in the 60's and raining.  The super awesome summer weather lasted for almost a month though so the rain is a nice little break.  The views from my house are back to normal.




Since it has been raining so much the last few days I have been re-discovering my love for Jillian Michaels.  I love all of her workout DVD's. But, her yoga DVD is my current favorite.  I highly recommend trying it out, especially if you are interested in body-weight strength training (using your body weight to build up muscle).  I really enjoy body weight training so I am digging the workouts.  And, clearly Specks is enjoying her workouts too ;)



As far as a workout schedule goes, my days are ruled a little bit by the weather.  I am feeling a pretty lazy about running in the rain lately.  But, if I actually manage to stick to my weekly workout routine (and I am going to REALLY try) it will look like this…

Monday: Rest Day
Tuesday: Jillian Michaels Yoga
Wednesday: Running (30minutes)
Thursday: Jillian Michaels Yoga
Friday: Running (30minutes)
Saturday: Hiking (this week we are doing a 3.5mile hike on Perseverance/Granite Trail)
Sunday: Hiking (shorter hike with Specks, probably on the beaches near my house)

Questions: 
Do you schedule your weekly workouts? 
Do you leave room for flexibility/ weather changes?
How do you handle running in extreme weather? Snow? Rain? Wind?  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)