Sunday, February 2, 2014

Superbowl Weekend

Superbowl weekend was a fun affair here in Juneau.  Alaska doesn't have a professional football team, but we tend to identify heavily with Seattle so there are LOTS of Seahawks fans in the state.  As a kid I never identified with my fellow Chicagoans and their love of the Bears (please, no hate mail) so I dabbled in rooting for the Packers.  Ever since moving to Alaska though I've transformed into a Seahawks fan.  I'm not a diehard supporter, but I enjoy watching a good game on occasion.  Anyways, this was a fun game to watch for Seahawks fans!  And I must say, I was pretty happy with the turnout myself!



Seattle
Seahawks
(16-3)

Denver
Broncos
(15-4)
43 - 8
Final
1234Total
Seahawks81414743
Broncos00808
All times are in Alaska Time


I was also pretty pleased with the food selection!  Admittedly, I am always a big fan of any holidays, sporting events, etc that involve copious amount of food.  I just can't help it.  This girl loves to eat.


We had friends over to watch them game and this was part of our feast.  We had roasted veggies, two kinds of dip (guacamole and buffalo), a cheese tray, a fruit tray, and adult beverages to drink.  Snack-y type foods are totally up my alley so I was in heaven.

This weekend was a fun and relaxing one in so many ways.  We also went out on a hike on Saturday and shot one of Cody's guns.  I don't have a ton of experience with handguns but it was a blast to try my hand (hah) at it.


We drove up into the mountains by our house and hiked about a mile off of the road (no trails, it was a bit of an uphill trek).  In Alaska you can shoot/hunt on any public land as long as it is 1/2mile from the roadway.  Thankfully, there's a ton of public land near our house.  We just found a secluded area and did a little target shooting.  It was a fun weekend all around :)

Questions
Who were you rooting for in the Super Bowl?
What is your favorite snack food?
What about your favorite game day snack? 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)