Monday, September 3, 2012

A Weekend Without Labor


Well, Labor Day weekend is drawing to a close.  I have to say, while I love the kindergarteners, it was nice to have some quiet time this weekend!  Friday, I stayed home and watched movies, which was amazing!  Saturday, I spent the day hiking around the beach (the picture below shows the beach). I also got to hike down some really amazing trails out in Giant City.  Sunday, Cody and I tucked in to some Smuttynose Pumpkin Ale.  Pumpkin Ale is officially my new favorite beer!  I have always been a summer beer fan but I may be changing my tune for some of these great fall ales. Today, we rounded out the weekend with a nice dinner at the in-laws and some relaxation at their house.  Perfect weekend. 

 

As far as moving goes, some progress has been made.  We have officially sold about half of our furniture.  Their new owners picked up the dresser and extra mattress today.  However, rainy weather kept the couches and bed from traveling to their new homes.  So, Cody and I have another couple days of enjoying actual furniture.  We did pack up the big dresser today, which is mostly my clothes.  I am now living out of boxes for the next six weeks!

So, I leave you all today with a picture that our future landlord emailed me.  This is the view from our balcony and the new condo. Gorgeous, right?  Happy Labor Day! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)