Monday, August 31, 2015

Where The Adventures Never Stop

It's been a wee bit quiet around these parts lately.  If you can believe it…we are moving, again! I know, I know, it's all we ever do!


Friday afternoon, after I got home from work, I received a call from Beaver Island (the school I taught at last year) and they wanted me to come back to teach 1st-3rd grade.  Earlier in the week they had a teacher resign.  With my resignation earlier this summer and the recent resignation of another teacher they were left with only one elementary teacher.  I spent the weekend thinking it over and weighing my options, but eventually I accepted.  I haven't found an actual teaching job in southern Michigan yet, and while I like my office job it just isn't the same as being in the classroom. Cody and I both had to let our jobs know today that we wouldn't be back.  He got offered a job at the school too.  See,  it's just too good of an offer to pass up.


So, we are trucking up to the island for inservice training for a couple of days this week. I expect we will be back late on Thursday and will spend the next couple of days packing our stuff back up.  There are a few things that I am pretty excited about when I think about moving back to the island.  First, I love my teaching job there.  My days are NEVER boring when teaching 3+ grade levels.  Second, I miss the safety and small-town-feel that the island is always oozing.  I like leaving my keys in my car.  I like waving to every person I pass on the road.  It's just a unique place.  I know it's not for everyone, but it works for us and we are going back.

Your turn…Have you ever retuned to an old job? Why?
Currently listening to…New Virginia Creeper-Old Crow Medicine Show

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)