Friday, July 24, 2015

Homemade Dog Treats

Last year, my dog (Specks) was diagnosed with a slew of allergies ranging from human dander to grass.  Many of his allergies pertain to food though and it has been a struggle to find things that he can eat, especially when it comes to treats.  Food is a bit easier, and while I've considered preparing all of his food myself, I just can't bring myself to become quite that nuts.  I am already a complete crazy dog-lady, no need to add to it further, at least not yet.  Give it a few months.


Anywhooo…I did start making treats for him.  Here's the recipe!

1 12oz can of dog food (I use Merrick's Limited Ingredient Salmon)
1 Egg
1-2 Cups of flour

Directions:  Preheat oven to 350F.  Mix all ingredients together.  Roll out, using a rolling pin, into a medium-thickness slab of dough.  Cut into bite-sized treats.  Place on baking sheet and cook for 45 minutes, or until browned.  Cooking time will depend on thickness and size of the treats.  Store in a sealed container in the fridge.

Your turn…What are your crazy-pet habits?
Currently listening to…Leave No Trace - Chvches


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave me a comment :)